Your business week, 6/21 – 6/27
Twin Cities passengers can now tip Uber drivers from their phones.
- No cash necessary, or the *shrug* sorry, don’t carry cash, if you’d like to give them a little extra.
- Lyft has offered this feature for quite some time now.
Amazon, sorry, Target launches home service delivery, beginning 6/27/17.
- Called Target Restock, users will be able to order products online. They’ll arrive on your doorstep the following say with next-day delivery.
- The service is currently only available to Target REDcard holders in the Twin Cities area.
- Get started here: Target Restock
Reading Rainbow: Well, not quite. Rainbow Foods is a little different, although it’s ultimately going to have a similar impact as Minneapolis is turning part the former grocery store at 2912 28th Ave S. into a charter school.
- Universal Academy Charter School, currently based in St. Paul, will make the move in time for the 2017-18 school year.
- A senior housing project will also be part of the renovation.
Upton 43 is applying for a liquor license, hopes to add full bar
- This will be a first for the Linden Hills neighborhood where it is located.
- Upton 43 is one of our Best Twin Cities Restaurants – Summer of 2017 Edition, so, yes, we will be celebrating.
Davanni’s in Uptown to close after 36 years in business.
- Struggling to keep with the younger generation and all their Neopolitan-style and other designer pizza options, Davanni’s has focused on remodeling other locations.
- Davanni’s will still have 21 locations in operation.
Barrel Theory Beer Company is now open at 248 7th St E in St. Paul’s still-booming Lowertown neighborhood.
- The brewery is housed in the same building as Dark Horse Bar and Eatery; the restaurant plans to offer a small menu specifically for Barrel Theory beer drinkers sometimes in the near future.
- Founded by two Surly alums, the inaugural brews range from a Batch 1, a 6% West Coast-style IPA, to the Key Sublime, a 4% fruited Berliner Weiss-style that is as fruity as it sounds.
Jazz hands: The 2017 Twin Cities Jazz Festival brings thousands upon thousands of people to St. Paul for a very successful 19th straight year.
- Most of the music was concentrated in and around Mears Park. Veteran venues like Black Dog and Hat Trick Lounge were joined by newcomers World of Beer, Green Lantern, and Vieux Carre for one of St. Paul’s busiest events.
Moulins Générales? General Mills launches “Oui by Yoplait,” a French yogurt to offer an alternative to the Greek yogurt craze that has been leaving them behind.
- French yogurt is known to be simple, rich, subtly sweet, and much more libéral than American yogurt. Vive!
- Flavors include Strawberry, Blueberry, Black Cherry, Vanilla, Coconut, Lemon, Peach and Plain.
Snapchat has added a “find your friends” feature, because turning your head into a piece of toast clearly wasn’t enough.
- You’ll be able to track your Snapchat friends’ snaps.
- It’s the new-age version of seeing where all your friends were by looking for bikes on the front lawn.
- Don’t send all your snaps from your couch. Your friends will know.