Attn: animal lovers – Do you love dogs? Do you love fuzzy, fluffy, animals? We have an event for you: The Minnesota Animal Humane Society is holding its 44th annual fundraising walk for animals in golden valley on May 5th.
The Walk for Animals is the Animal Humane Society’s largest annual fundraiser. The fundraiser brings together more than 8,000 people and 3,000 animals to raise funds for homeless and neglected pets across Minnesota. Every dollar raised helps provide medical treatment, behavior programs, and nurturing care to the nearly 23,000 animals who come into the organization’s four Minnesota shelters each year. The goal for this years fundraiser is a whopping one million dollars.
If you are unable to attend the walk, you can also through their website HERE. Through donations and the funds that will be raised by those walking, thousands of animals will be brought back to health and placed into loving homes.
Events begin at 8 a.m. at the GVHS location where participants can check-in for the free event and register for prizes. You can also register online HERE as an individual, or join a team or even create your own team of walkers. The 2.5 mile Walk begins at 10 a.m. at the corner of Dahlberg Drive and Meadow Lane following along Theodore Wirth Parkway. Fundraising for the event is encouraged but not necessary to attend. Free transportation to and from the humane society is provided from 7:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. at several satellite locations. Parking and shuttle bus information can be found HERE.
Schedule of events
8 a.m. Grounds open
9 a.m. Summit Brewing Company Beer Truck
9:30 a.m. Walk Rally
10 a.m. Walk Kick-off
11:30 a.m. Pet Contests
12:30 p.m. Check-in and prize pick-up close
1:30 p.m. Walk for Animals grounds close
2 p.m. Complimentary shuttle service ends
Things to keep in mind
- Onsite vendors include a merchandise tent (credit cards accepted) and a reduced-fee nail trim, micro-chip and gland expression clinic.
- Free photo booths are available to take pictures of your pup along with information on training and care of your furry friend.
- Participants are advised to bring cash for most purchases as ATMs are not on site.
- You can volunteer to help at the event here.
- If you don’t have a parking pass, you must park in one of the five off-site parking lots.
- Only authorized vehicles will be allowed to turn onto Meadow Lane from Highway 55 on Saturday, May 5.
845 Meadow Lane North
Golden Valley, MN 55422
For more information visit walkforanimalsmn.org