Are you tired of your cable bill? Many consumers are cutting the cord in favor of lower cost Live TV alternatives.
And as of June 22nd, Google has announced that they are expanding their Youtube Live TV service into the Minneapolis-St Paul market very soon. They are going to be a direct competitor to major cable companies like Comcast, but also join an emerging market of similar services like Sling TV, Playstation Vue, and DirecTV Now.
You’ll be able to watch live TV for $35/month and in return you’ll get channels like ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and cable only channels like ESPN, Fox News, Bravo, etc.
Youtube TV is also promising such add ons like cloud DVR and integration with Youtube accounts.
Youtube TV Features Overview
Here’s the basic overview of the service:
- Costs $35/month, cancel anytime, you can get a 30 day free trial as soon as it’s available in the Twin Cities
- Subscription service through Youtube with over 40 live TV channels
- Currently only available in 5 cities, but coming to MSP in the next few months
- You’ll be able to watch on Android phones and iPhones, tablets, and desktop computers
- Cloud DVR with unlimited free storage
- You’ll get up to 6 accounts per household, with 3 streams allowed simultaneously
- To watch Live TV on your actual television, you’ll need to use Chromecast or a similar casting device (or directly hook up PC to your TV)
Sign Up Here to be notified as soon as it becomes available in our area. TC Agenda will keep you posted!